Two Gorgeous Inspectors and A Duty


“Hey madam Inspector. Let me buy you that decorative light.”

“No. Please.”

“It was a joke. I was never gonna buy you a one.”

“Ohho. If I had told you yes, then would you have bought for me?”

“Ofcourse not. You’re earning enough. Why should I buy you something expensive?”

“Please buy something expensive for me.”

“Hell no. And moreover I don’t have any cash to spare.”

“You have credit card.”

“And I’m not gonna swipe that for you. I like girls who buy for themselves.”

“Is that applicable for Taniya too?”

“Yes. That’s the first thing I liked about her. Mmm…can you ask them the price of that lantern?”

“Okay. Excuse me. What’s the price of this? Twenty-two thousands? My god. TWENTY-TWO THOUSANDS!!”

“Okay. Let’s get out from this cheap Turkey Street Bazar.”

“Good idea. Where do you want to go? We have duty, remember?”

“Do you want to go back for duty?”

“Hmmm..no.”

“Hehe. How many halls are there in Trade Fair?”

“I guess more than twenty.”

“Shit. Then it’ll be hard to decide where to go. Let’s go up. We may have a great view of CBEC pavilion.”

“Okay. Take the right turn. The stairs aren’t so steep.”

“You look so fit. Why do you fear steep stairs?”

“It’s not me. I’m anxious about you. You told me you’re thirty-two.”

“Oh please! Don’t remind me that I’m old.”

“I’m not. You don’t look thirty-two. You look smart in uniform.”

“Thanks. But look at you. Guys are being crazy for you like as if they want your autograph.”

“Hehe. Do you know that some girls came over in stall and took selfie with me?”

“Really? I don’t blame them. I blame your uniform.”

“We don’t look like we’re doing our protocol duty, it seems that our duty is to show youngsters that how gorgeous CBEC Inspectors are!”

“Ya. And with that, we do business for SSC CGL too. Already four guys asked me about the exam, through which they could get this job.”

“Let’s go to that railing. We can chat a little.”

“That’s a good idea. I don’t feel walking in this thick crowd.”

“Do you know you don’t look like Bengali?”

“I get that a lot. I know. I look like southies.”

“Hehe. Ya. And with that your accent. It’s different.”

“You also don’t look like Harinavi.”

“Ya?”

“You remind me a good friend of mine. Pahari.”

“Okay. You know I feel like playing badminton.”

“You mean now? You’re crazier than I thought.”

“Not now. I want to learn and play in departmental matches. Do you play some sports?”

“Nope. Not a single one. I guess there’s no sport named Book Reading.”

“Hehe. No, there’s not. So, you like reading?”

“Yup. A lot.”

“Any other hobby?”

“Yup. A lot. Guitar, travelling, movies, music and most of all writing.”

“That’s a long list. Do you get time?”

“I guess.”

“What do you write about?”

“Hmm…entertainment. Specially about movies. But I do fill a blog occasionally. Mostly personal stuff.”

“Cool. I feel a lot of things, but can’t express. Don’t find any words.”

“And I love words. Sometimes you need to hammer me down literally to stop the flow of words coming from my mouth.”

“Can I have a hammer?”

“Shut up. Look at that Turkey stall. It looks so awesome from here.”

“I like travelling.”

“Really? How many places have you visited?”

“Hmm..let’s count. Kerala, Mumbai and Uttarakhand.”

“Which one do you like most?”

“Kerala. I liked all of it. I went with my cousin and it was splendid.”

“I like Munnar most.”

“Awww…Munnar. Yeah. Mystic. And why no one goes to Vemanad?”

“I don’t know. That’s a good question.”

“Ya. We missed that too.”

“We tend to miss a lot of good things in our lives.”

“True. I miss travelling alone, and with no tension.”

“You can. No one is stopping you.”

“Hehe. You don’t know my parents. Specially my father. He asks too many questions. I remember, I had to lie him about my trips.”

“Is that for real? I can’t believe.”

“He’s protective.”

“But that’s too much.”

“Sometimes I feel too. But I can’t watch him sad. He has taken all decisions for me, even this job. And I can’t stay away from them.”

“That means you can’t even love a guy, even if you want it badly! Your father definitely disapproves love.”

“Hmm…he even doesn’t like me wearing jeans. When my brother went to college, he even complained to mother about my jeans.”

“And your mother?”

“She’s supportive. She believes in me and my sister.”

“It’s good to have someone on board.”

“What’s about your family?”

“Hehe. They’re awesome. When I went to them and simply declared that I was going to be married on this date with this girl and they were invited, but not our relatives, they surprisingly were cool. My father took it well. My mother came along after few hours.”

“You’re unique. My parent’d never approve something like that.”

“I don’t know. Maybe you never tried it.”

“And I’ll never try. I know them pretty well. They’re looking for grooms. Already they’ve started.”

“So, you’ll become this typical married woman after marriage?”

“I guess. But I don’t know.”

“Hmm.”

“You know? I thought it’d be boring here. This duty. But it’s fun.”

“Ya. All these people. Colourful stalls….”

“…..special attention thanks to our uniform”.

“Hehehe. Ya.”

“It’s been long since we’re here. Should we go downstairs?”

“Hmm..maybe after sometime. I like being here.”

“Me too.”

“Me too.”

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.